It has been taught to us right from our childhood days that plants are important and essential for our life. All our lives we have believed in this fact. There are many products that come from plants. But over the time as we are making process with technology and advanced way of living, this childhood fact is being overshadowed. We are ruthlessly cutting the plants and trees for fulfilling our needs and requirements.
As we are growing towards a modernized world, most of us have forgotten the various uses of plants in everyday life. The importance of plants is being overshadowed by the other necessities of life. Thus, here are some of the benefits that highlight the importance of plants in our life:
- Providing food: Plants are the core source of food for the humans. There are many fruits and vegetables that we get from the plants. The various parts of the plants are consumed in various ways by the humans to fulfil the needs of nutrients and minerals. Leaves, seeds, fruits, grains, etc. are some of the names in the list of plant products we use daily.
- Shelter: Plants work as a sheltering home for the animals and birds. But they also have a significant importance in the life of humans for providing shelter. Without plants, there would be no shelter for humans as well. Along with providing the shelter, plants are also used for making furniture from it.
- Medicines: Out of the main 5 uses of plants, making medicines is the most important and essential. The present time has resulted in many kinds of diseases and has impacted the human health in the most negative manner. Thus, the humans are always in need of great medicines that can cure them from their prevailing problems. Plants are the best source of making natural medicines that can heal almost all the major problems of the person without causing any side-effect.
- Pesticide: Not many people know the fact that plants are natural pesticides and insecticides. The use of plants as pesticides and insecticides can reduce most of the problems and food diseases that happens because of the use of artificial pesticides and insecticides. Not only these artificial products are harmful to the human body, they are also harmful to the environment.
- Supports rainfall: This one benefit is what we all are aware of since our childhood days. Plants and trees are the main reason that causes rainfall. The area that has a number of trees experience more rainfall than the area that has less or n trees. Not only, plants are good for rainfall but they are also good for preventing soil erosion. Plants don’t allow winds or other impurities to carry the necessary topmost layer of soil to get carried away.
These are some of the basic benefits and importance of the plants that help in making our lives better, easy and balanced. Plants and trees are essential in any form available and thus we should make the most of it.