Delhi is one of the world’s most polluted cities in India. In the year 2015, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) came to power after a massive victory in Delhi assembly. It gave a complex statement of reason in its policy about reforming education and health sectors. This government has completed three years in office. While the Arvind Kejriwal led government continues to follow its populist schemes like power and water financial support. During the course of its three-year rule, the AAP government proved that it is neither short of ideas nor political will when it comes to tackling pollution. There are many changes in Delhi after Kejriwal.
The performance made in Delhi
There are many changes made in Delhi after the Arvind Kejriwal. The app work in Delhi till now is mentioned below:
- Power financial support – 50% support on electricity bills continuous
- Free water – 20-kilometer free water scheme continues
- Education – there are over 8,000 classrooms including the refurbished ones. The teachers get more specialized training for the high education
- Mohalla clinics – he provided more than 160 free healthcare clinics to the poor people
- Pension hiked – for the disabled person, old age person and window person the pension has been increased by Rs.1000 for each category.
- Compensation scheme – in case of their on-duty death, he provided Rs. 1 crore as the compensation for the family of security personnel.
- Easy of documents – 200 categories of affidavits are required by the departments, local bodies, and other organization. Only self-certification is required now.
- Public toilets– The government has built 21,000 community toilets for the public
AAP government achievements
The AAP government has finished its two-years in office. There are many achievements made by Arvind Kejriwal to the people. Below are the map government achievements
- Education – Prevented subjective fee in the private schools, by auditing accounts of all schools on government allotted land. For the first time, many private schools had to roll back their fees and give a refund to the parents. The AAP government claims to build 8,000 new classrooms which are equivalent to nearly 200 schools. They have also made 21 new school buildings and prepared 54 schools with a state-of-the-art They build many new govt schools in Delhi.
- Heath sector – the government has developed 36 multispecialty hospitals for the people. Under the EWs category, there are lots of beds in the private hospitals. A lot has been done for the health of citizens as Aam Aadmi Mohalla clinics.
- Shelters – 197-night shelters were made which give shelter to nearly more than 16,174 people. Especially in the winter season, the rescue teams are formed to bring homeless people in the shelters
- Odd-Even Rule – The Odd-Even rule was implemented to control the increasing pollution in the capital.
- Security for the public – they provided many protection officers to give security to the public for 24 hours.
Discussion about this post