Forbes keeps on tracking the wealth of world’s richest people in the world. Wealth dispersed is scrutinised for a complete estimation in US dollars. Forbes has cited a list of 2,220 people with 259 newcomers.
Every Year Forbes makes a team of more than 50 employers from different countries to scrutinise the estimation of wealth holding. The U.S. holds the record of a maximum number of billionaires and China comes in the second position.
Forbes 2018 crowned the Jeff Bezos Crowned as the richest man in the world 2018. He surpassed Bill Gates who was holding a net worth of $90 billion doubled since 2009.Jeff Bezos is the founder of Amazon.com which from selling the books converted into the most important retailer in the world. In the expansion, It promoted diversification and launched acquisition of Whole Foods in 2017 and over-the-counter drugs in 2018.
This is the first time when Jeff Bezos was announced as the richest man in the world today with a net worth of $112 billion.
- Bill Gates is an American business magnate and the founder of Microsoft Corporation. From 2014 to 2017, he consistently conquered the title of richest person in the world. He, like many other billionaires, has pledged a large portion of his assets to charity. He has already spent billions of dollars on a mission to eradicate polio and malaria from the world.
- Warren Buffett is the most successful investor in the world. He is the third wealthiest person in the world who bought his first stock at the age of 11. He is the owner of more than 60 companies. He is famous for his cheap spending habits. He is famous for the knack of value investing as he likes to bargain with undervalued companies.
- Bernard Arnault, CEO of LVMH, richest man in France and the fourth one in the world. He has a net worth of $75.5 and a non-American among the top five holds the biggest brands which includes Hennessey, Marc Jacobs, Sephora, and many more.He controlled his family company and bought Christian Dior. His wealth grew immensely in late April 2017 with an announcement of taking full control of Christian Dior.
- Mark Elliot Zuckerberg is the co-founder and CEO of Facebook. His net worth is US$62.2 billion.Zuckerberg launched the Facebook when he was at Harvard University with his fellow and roommates. Facebook was introduced to college campuses and a number of users grew rapidly. He made the Facebook public in 2012 and he is the owner of 17% stock.Zuckerberg with his wife has pledged to share his 99% stake to charity.
- Mukesh Ambani was ranked as the richest person in India by Forbes and he holds the same position for ten years. He is also the richest sports owner in the world. He owns the largest share of Reliance Industries Limited which is the most valuable company according to the Indian Market. Reliance deals in oiling, petrochemicals, and in the gas sectors.
Forbes list is based on an assessment of billionaire’s wealth, collectively worth about $9.1 trillion. There are 259 newcomers who created their fortunes in everything from children’s toys to wedding dresses and electric cars.