Cricket is that wonderful game that has created many legendary players. Be it, ultimate batsmen or bowler, there are many names that have impressed the cricket world with their talents. It won’t be possible to name any one of them as the best cricket player as all of them stood distinguished at their places.
No matter in what time we get, there will be some constant names that will be known as the greatest cricketers in the world. These are the names that have made the world of cricket extremely proud with their presence:
- Sir Don Bradman: This Australian player was one of the greatest cricketers that the world has seen. Along the various talents that this player had, his batting abilities have always made headlines. His test batting average was 99.94 which is remarkable on its own. He has many batting records in his name and those records stand untouched even today.
- Sachin Tendulkar: The word cricket will be incomplete if Sachin is not associated with it. Sachin is considered as one of the best cricketers that the game could ever have. He is awarded the Bharat Ratna by the prime minister. He has a total of 11,953 test runs which added to the stardom that this player had. He is still the best cricketer in the world today.
- Gary Sobers: Gary was an all-rounder player who played for West Indies. He started as a bowler in the team but post analyzing his talent and skill, he was promoted as a batsman and rest is history. He had an unmatchable test batting average and is thus considered to be the best cricketer of all times.
- Sir Vivians Richard: His style and grace of playing cricket is still an inspiration for many of the cricketers. He was known for his batting style and is still known as one of the best batsmen of all times. Vivians was able to win 27 test matches out of 50 and therefore was considered as the best captain at that time by his team.
- Imran Khan: He was the second best all-rounder player that the cricket world had seen. He opened the opportunities for the Pakistani team to win the 1992 World cup. His batting style is still the most talked about by the emerging batsman from Pakistan and other countries.
- Kapil Dev: He was the captain of Indian cricket team when history was created in 1983. He was the best bowler and the best all-rounder player of the Indian team. He was the best captain of the team which helped the team to stand out in difficult times. His lethal out swingers are still famous in the world of cricket. He is known as the most aggressive batsman in the world.
- Muthiah Muralitharan: He is known as the King of swing bowling. He holds the record of taking the most number of wickets in test cricket as well as the one-day international matches. He has a total of 1000 international wickets out of which 653 are in test and 405 in ODIs.
- Brian Lara: He was known for his amazing and fastest batting style in the ODI and test matches. He had the ability to change the game in the favor of his team with his batting talent. He has a record of a century, double, triple, quadruple and quintuple century in his name.
- Ricky pointing: He was the most successful batsmen in the Australian team for both test and ODI matches. He is still known as the best Australian captain with a 34 match winning streak. His cover drives are still remembered when batting talents are discussed in cricket.
- Wasim Akram: Popularly known as the Sultan of Swing, there is no one that can meet his talent of swinging the ball. His reverse swing bowling is still a trademark under his name. He has a world record of taking the most wickets in ODIs. He also made a record to take 500 wickets in 50 over matches in the year 2003.