If you call yourself a sports fan, then this article is something that will truly excite you. There are some Unbelievable Sports Facts everyone Should know that most of the sports fan doesn’t know. No matter how big sports fan you consider yourself to be, there will always be some of the amazing and interesting facts about sports that you might not be aware of.
List of 15 Unbelievable Sports FACTS Everyone Should Know
If you don’t believe us, here are 15 unbelievable sports facts 2018 that we are sure only a few people would know. Let us have a look:
- William G. Morgan when trying to come up with a game, which we know as volleyball today, found that basketball is too heavy. Thus, Volleyball came into existence when basketball appeared too heavy.
- Major league baseball game is actually of 5 minute and 47 seconds. This is one of the sports facts everyone should know. If the balls in play, runner attempts on stolen bases, pickoff throw, etc. are removed then this is the only time left.
- The match referees of the NFL game also receive a classy super bowl rings. Although they are not as big as those of the players, it is one masterpiece in itself.
- If things would have gone right, then the pirates of Pittsburgh would have created a new stadium on the Monongahela River.
- Do you know the popular basketball’s jump ball used to take place after every single basket was made in the centre of the court? This continued until 1936.
- Remember the famous team Steagles back in 1943. The team was formed with the combination of team Eagles and Steelers as most of their players were in the World War II.
- The gold medals received by the winning team in any sports are actually made of silver.
- All the Japanese golfers always carry an insurance called hole-in-one.
- In the game of football, if the team had an incomplete forward pass, then the team was given a penalty of 15 yards. This further continued with the term that if the pass is untouched, then the defence can take possession of the ball. These rules prevailed in the game in the 20th century.
- Harry Chiti– the former MLB catcher was traded to New York from Cleveland Indians. But due to his game and poor performance in consecutive 15 games, he was given back to Cleveland Indians. The only player in the history to experience this.
- There exists no perfect bracket of March Madness.
- Only dirty balls are used in all the games of Major League Baseball. Surprised?
- Soccer was a slang term in 1800. It originated as socca, followed by socker and ended as soccer.
- Jockeys are always paid their winnings in the form of coins, no matter how big the amount is.
- Surfing is nothing more than an optical illusion.
Did you know sports facts mentioned here? Other than these, there are many amazing facts about sports in India as well.
Also Read: 5 Virat Kohli Facts That You Don’t Know